< 4. Update the camera by using the SD Memory Card >
Do NOT TURN OFF the camera while firmware update is in progress, otherwise the FLASH_ROM data may be damaged.
If the firmware version is equivalent to the currently installed one, the following process will not be activated.
1) Turn the "Camera ON/OFF Switch" OFF.
2) Insert a battery with sufficient power and connect the AC Adapter. (DMW-AC5: Optional)
3) Insert the SD Memory Card with firmware into the SD slot of the camera.
4) Set the mode dial to "Playback" position.
5) Turn ON the "Camera ON/OFF Switch", then the LCD monitor will display the following screen.