1. Make sure you have U600 Optiflash, a Samsung SGH-U600 flash file and the original samsung USB cable that came with the phone.
2. Launch Optiflash and click on 'Options > Settings > Generic'
- Select 'Customer T: d830/d840/d910 (USB)
- Set 'Flash Erase Passes' to '1'
- Set 'Operation Passes' to 'Default'
- Uncheck all checkboxes except 'Differences only'
3. Select the tab 'Flash and Verify'
- Browse to and select your firmware (*.s3)
4. Select the tab 'Default Contents'
If you have a file *.cts with the firmware *.s3:
- Select radio button “S-Record with content”
- Browse to and select your *.cts file
If you do not have the file *.cts:
- Click on 'S-Record only'
- Click 'OK'
5. Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable.(in the phone click connect to pc studio)
6. Remove your SIM and microSD card and battery from the phone which will turn the phone off .(leaving USB cable in) You will see leds on.
7. Whilst holding down the * key on the phone, briefly press the ON button. Your computer will recognise the device as Samsung USB Mobile.
8. Return to Optiflash, click on 'Options > Settings > COM Port'
- Select the COM port your phone uses (If you're not sure, you can find out by: Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM and LTP))
- Select 921600.
- In Second COM Port select 'NONE'
- Click 'OK'
Lastly, click 'Flash'
The flash procedure takes approximately 15 minutes and will be finished when the message 'All is Well' appears above the green progression bar.
A full reset should not be necessary once the firmware is upgraded, however, if you want to do it type *2767*3855# then wait one full minute before you restart your phone.
To check your existing firmware type *#1234# into your handset.
If your phone restarts in a different language follow the language selection process:
MENU (left touch button) > SETTINGS (bottom right icon) > PHONE SETTINGS (2nd option) > LANGUAGE (1st option)
If the phone freezes after flashing you may need to wipe your regions. Go to misc settings in the optiflash and tick differences only, erase all unused regions and extended protection.
You have to make sure that under the read ranges on the read tab in the optiflash settings is 0x20000000 - 0x21ffffff because if it isn't, it may wipe your imei. You can check your imei by typing *#06#.
If the phone is originally from Asia you can flash it with another asian firmware without wiping the regions but if you want to flash it to a European firmware from being originally asian, you would have to wipe it.