Elektroda.pl
Elektroda.pl
X
Proszę, dodaj wyjątek www.elektroda.pl do Adblock.
Dzięki temu, że oglądasz reklamy, wspierasz portal i użytkowników.

[ATMega8][IR] - 2 IR receivers on ATMega8

tilz0R 29 Lip 2012 11:41 1526 5
  • #1 29 Lip 2012 11:41
    tilz0R
    Poziom 2  

Hello !

I'm building IR receiver with atmega8. For now, it works very great.

[ATMega8][IR] - 2 IR receivers on ATMega8
    This is my circuit.

And now question: can i have 2 sensors connected together ?
    I know that parallel it's not possible, but how can i do it ?

PS: Please answer in english.

Thanks!

0 5
  • #2 29 Lip 2012 12:25
    cavendish
    Poziom 17  

First of all, I don't know what is your goal and what do you want to achieve but:

1. Those IR receivers have an open-collector output so electrically it is possible to connect them parallel, in a very similar way like devices on the i2c bus are connected.

2. Other solutions depend on the software you use to manage the receiver. Most of them base on the external interrupts. While m8 offers two external interrupts it wouldn't be a big deal to handle two receivers simultaneusly.

The most suitable solution depends on the purpose (i.e. to decode signal from two different remote controllers, in two different standarts etc.)

• #3 29 Lip 2012 12:29
    tilz0R
    Poziom 2  

This is what I've done already, just for test.

And now, I want to have some car or something like that, that it will be possible to get IR signal from all sides of a car. I need 2 or more sensors to ONE ext. interrupt.

• #4 29 Lip 2012 13:11
    cavendish
    Poziom 17  

So as I suggested try to connect them parallel. It shall works. If you use your device inside a building, it shouldn't be even neccessary. Those receviers are sensitive enough to catch a signal reflected on the walls, when a remote controller is oriented in different direction than in front of the receiver.

• #6 29 Lip 2012 23:03
    tilz0R
    Poziom 2  

No, I just connect then parallel. It works as expected without any problems :)