Elektroda.pl
Elektroda.pl
X
Proszę, dodaj wyjątek dla www.elektroda.pl do Adblock.
Dzięki temu, że oglądasz reklamy, wspierasz portal i użytkowników.

Is there self test available for any LCD or Plasma panel?

04 Sty 2013 13:57 2679 12
  • Poziom 8  
    I have read in panasonic lcd training manual that company built in self testing mode in this Series,Its have self pettren generator to test panel,Now my Question is did any one know other brand self testing method of panel like panasonic?
    PM me if you want to get panasonic test code.
  • Moderator Samochody
    Did you mean "service mode"?
  • Poziom 8  
    No my friend see my post again i am asking about Panel self testing method as panasonic have,this was a top secrate of many company.
  • Poziom 8  
    You mention external device to test panels in your web link..
    Now i know Panasonic Lcd tv self testing method of panels,The panasonic panel have built in its own pettren generator,you can use it with just secrat commands input.
  • Poziom 33  
    Hi, What do you need those 'secret codes' for? Pattern generator software is built- in on T-con boards or logic boards for plasma displays. No 'secret codes' or silly toys (like laptop screen testers) are necessary in establishing fault diagnosis unless you are an absolute beginner. You can run auto gen modes by setting up a jumper on CTRL b/d or else shortening two pins together.

Besides Panasonic faults will not be manifested visually (unless you have a duff screen) as the micro chip interrogates almost everything, thus a set goes into shutdown and all you see is just blinking codes.
  • Poziom 8  
    Panasonic have a feature of free run self testing of panels method as i mention before.And i know the method of panasonic.How many people know the other brand self testing method of panels?Its help when we confiuesd regarding the fault is whater panel or tcon fault,.. its help when we see problems like H lines,V lines,Mix lines,Distortion image,circles in image etc.
  • Poziom 33  
    imran khan napisał:
    Its help when we confiuesd regarding the fault is whater panel or tcon fault,.. its help when we see problems like H lines,V lines,Mix lines,Distortion image,circles in image etc.

You are wrong mate:

1) This won't tell you whether it's T-con or the panel because T-con is the part of the panel already So this is one. To work out whether T-con or the pixel panel you need some voltage/signal measurements, some experience and observation skills, if you send me the picture/movie, I will tell you which one is faulty.

2) The Panasonic method of testing is used to figure out whether the pixel panel with T-con is bad or something before (signal A board and its peripherals, PSU etc.)
  • Poziom 8  
    Nice to see you again my friend
    There was a basic issue you know in LCDs,faulty panel or faulty tcon board,some times both are faulty at the same time,Did you share us and Contribution of repair mechanisms to determining knowledge of lcd faults?
  • Poziom 33  
    imran khan napisał:
    Did you share us and Contribution of repair mechanisms to determining knowledge of lcd faults?

Sorry, I didn't get that. Please reformulate your sentence in correct English or just explain in simple words.
  • Poziom 8  
    Sorry for bad english :)
    In simple words can you share your experience with us?
    Put up some photos and cure?
  • Poziom 33  
    imran khan napisał:
    Sorry for bad english :)
    In simple words can you share your experience with us?
    Put up some photos and cure?

Sure, I can. /No problem about English/ But as I said:looking at the pictures and diagnosing panel faults by just seeing the picture of the fault is only 75% correct, you need to take some critical voltage tests on T-con board first (in some cases) as this is forum for advanced technicians or servicemen. Your posts may end up in the bin if you post up pictures of faults only :D (forum rules and rigour)

have a good day

Z.
  • Poziom 8  
    yes you are right but ratio is 50% when ever you saw faults like this as i mention in my post,no one can say that i diagnose 100% by seeing the picture,People like us gather here for contribute our experience regarding the faults.For me i respect all members of any forum in web.