1. Verify that:
v The server power cord is connected to the server and a working electrical
v The monitor cables are connected properly.
v The monitor is turned on and the brightness and contrast controls are
v If the servers are C2T chained together, verify that:
– The C2T chain cables are securely connected to the servers.
– The C2T breakout cable is connected properly.
– A server that is turned on is selected.
Important: In some memory configurations, the 3-3-3 beep code might sound
during POST followed by a blank display screen. If this occurs and the Boot
Fail Count feature in the Start Options of the Configuration/Setup Utility
program is set to Enabled (its default setting), you must restart the server three
times to force the system BIOS to reset the CMOS values to the default
configuration (memory connector or bank of connectors enabled).
If you have installed a Remote Supervisor Adapter II in the server, make sure
that the video cable is connected to the Remote Supervisor Adapter II.
2. Make sure that damaged BIOS code is not affecting the video; see “Recovering
from a POST/BIOS update failure” on page 18.
3. If you have verified these items and the screen remains blank, replace:
b. Video adapter, if installed
c. System board