1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Chitika and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Chitika and additional third party extensions. Remove them by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for Chitika and additional third party add-ons and remove them if located.
Many adware platforms serve pop-up advertisements utilize flash to serve pop-up ads.
• To disable (deny) flash visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html and select the “Deny” radio option (pictured below).
Hosts File (Advanced)
• Hosts file instructions
Code: Select all
Remove Hijacked Home Page
If Chitika or related websites have changed your intenet browser settings without consent including the home page use the intructions below to repair home page and trouble shoot issues.
Manually Remove Hijacked Home Page
In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove any malicious websites and replace with your preferred URL.
In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options. Under the General tab remove any malicious URL from the “Home Page:” field and replace with your preferred home page.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove any malicious URLs from the Home Page field and replace with your preferred URL.
Remove Hijacked Search Engine
If Chitika or related websites have changed your intenet browser settings without consent including the default search engine, causing your browser to redirect to unwanted websites use the instructions below to repair your browser’s internal search engine.
Manually Remove Hijacked Search Engine
In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to any suspicious search engines.
In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove any suspicious search engines from the list by highlighting the selection and clicking remove.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons and remove the malicious search engine from the list.
Recommended: To ensure your computer perform well after the virus removal , you are highly suggested to clean up your computer system using a system booster or cleaner/optimizer, whatever as you may call it, like Cloud System Booster.Click here to safely download Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft to clean and optimize your computer OS and repair registry errors now, A pro version of it may even work better to give you better uncluttered and better performing system.
- See more at: http://www.yac.mx/en/guides/malware-guides/how-to-remove-chitika-adware.html#sthash.Ca3TuP37.dpuf