Elektroda.pl
Elektroda.pl
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Please add exception to AdBlock for elektroda.pl.
If you watch the ads, you support portal and users.

Electrical device from USA, how to use it safely in Poland

Alistair101 27 Oct 2020 12:38 282 4
    Alistair101
    Level 2  
    Hi,

I hope you don't mind me posting in English. my written Polish is not so good.

I recently imported from amazon.com, delivery from USA to Poland, 1 piece of the National Geographic Hobby Rock tumbler kit.

It is noted the device supports 110v 60hz and 240v 60 hz.

In Poland the voltage here is 230v 50hz.

In order for me to be able to use the tumbler safely in Poland, is it enough to use a standard US to EU travel adaptor which simply converts the pins.

or do I need to purchase a more expensive transformer device which converts the voltage?

This tumbler device only costs $60 in the US, i ended up paying $120 to get it here to Poland with freight + import charges, therefore I would really like to avoid spending another 500 zloty or so on a transformer if it is not necessary.

This is a present for my daughters birthday which is 1 week from today, so I am hoping to resolve this prior to then.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Regards
    Alistair
    tomtim123
    Level 31  
    It will work in Poland.
    dufek
    Level 32  
    Alistair101 wrote:
    I need to purchase a more expensive transformer device which converts the voltage?

You don't have to worry, it will work without a transformer.

Dodano po 1 [minuty]:

tomtim123 wrote:
    Please use a 230v to 110v converter.

look;
    Alistair101 wrote:
    It is noted the device supports 110v 60hz and 240v 60 hz.
    Alistair101
    Level 2  
    That is great news, thank you both for the quick reply.

I'm new here and cannot post links yet. So it is enough for me to buy this item from Allegro: Adapter przejściówka sieciowa USA/EU zasilacz prąd

Or, should i be looking to purchase a better quality adapter than this?

Dodano po 23 [minuty]:

ok i just purchased this on allegro, it looks to be a bit better quality, hopefully it will be fine: ADAPTER PODRÓŻNY POL WT-USA GN. VIVANCO 34436