Elektroda.pl
Elektroda.pl
X

Search our partners

Find the latest content on electronic components. Datasheets.com
Elektroda.pl
Please add exception to AdBlock for elektroda.pl.
If you watch the ads, you support portal and users.

Pace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signal

27 Jul 2018 14:13 3207 2
  • Level 2  
    Hello,

I have two problems with my DVB-S receiver. Since I don't speak Polish, I will write in English:

DVB-S receiver: Pace HDS 7241/91 = PVR Box+ HD 500 GB
    Software version: 163
    Hardware version: 0
    System version: 0
    Remote Control: Version A from the manual (channel numbers at the bottom of the remote control)

Subscription: "nc + start + package"
    The nc + smartcard is inserted the right way (chip down).
    The nc + smartcard is registered and activated for another month (until the end of August 2018).

The HDS 7241 is NOT connected via Ethernet.

Condition of the HDS 7241: Fresh after factory reset, which was performed via the normal menu.
    There are no channels programmed. Time shows something like "0:06".

Now, after switching on the HDS 7241, a menu appears on the TV (connected via HDMI), and there are only 3 menu items that can be selected:
    (4) Terminal Settings
    (5) Channel search
    (7) Technical parameters

Twin-LNB: MegaSat HD-Profi Twin LNB, satellite antenna (80 cm) is aligned to Hotbird.

Power supply from HDS 7241 to LNB -> OK. Spaun TP-216 (for testing) shows stable power supply.
    Connected with exactly 1 coax cable. (LNB to WEJ SAT1.)
    Sat antenna and LNB and cable are verified to work properly - with another DVB-S receiver: reception of Hotbird works well in this location with this setup.

The LNB is only used by this 1 DVB-S receiver (HDS 7241). No further TVs or Sat-receivers.
    I bought a Twin LNB to *later* connect with a Twin Cable for recording and watching at the same time.
    But right now, there is only a single cable LNB -> WEJ SAT1.

Signal strength in the HDS7241: Level: 5 (green). So very good reception.

Antenna Settings in the HDS7241: 9750 MHz, 10600 MHz, LNB type: Single (SAT1 input only).

Problem 1:
    When I start the channel search (Menu - 5): Then the HDS 7241 will not find any channels.

Pace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signalPace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signalPace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signalPace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signalPace HDS 7241 (nc+) - No channels after factory reset despite proper signal

My analysis: Pressed [V-] and [V +], switch HDS 7241 on -> Service menu.
    Then in this English service menu, at the channel search on SAT1 - here, the Hotbird transponders are found on their frequencies with 100% quality. And all hardware checks are ok there. I did NOT mess with any other settings nor resets there.

Question 1: What do I have to do to so that the receiver will search and find all the channels in its normal user interface? Is there some other form of reset needed?

Problem 2:
    The HDS 7241 does not stay permanently in standby (red LED). But if you switch it to "off" (with the remote control or on the HDS 7241), "LED blue" becomes "LED red" for a few seconds, but then it turns on again: LED blue. And then stays permanently blue on LED.

Question 2: What is the receiver waiting for? What does it do? How to get it out of this loop?

My Analysis: For testing, I connected HDS 7241 via Ethernet to the WLAN router. I thought so maybe you could update the receiver over the internet, but that did not work. There was no menu function to start the software update or a channel list update. On the WLAN router itself, however, a green LED was displayed on the LAN port, so internet access was possible. On the HDS 7241, the LAN / DHCP information can not be viewed via the remote control.

Thanks in advance for your time, I very much appreciate your help!
    Ralf
  • Level 1  
    Hi,
    On the antenna setting delete the upper band (pasmo gorne) 10600 as i think it wont tune anything above that. I done that and it tune in all channels. I had to do it 3 times searching as it said no signal even tho there was. Anyway it worked. Hope that helps i only managed this after using google translate for a while.
  • Level 2  
    Hello,
    basically the receiver seems like to have fixed itself. I waited a couple of days (including a Friday 2am to Monday 2am period, where updates for this receiver type are sent by the satellite - I found this in the FAQ section), leaving the receiver powered all the time, left all settings and antenna installation as they were, and finally a channel search succeeded and found the channels.

I'm not sure what kind of magic was going on there, but at least, finally it worked.
    So, I declare this problem solved. In case anyone of you has some proper or likely explanation, please add it to this thread.

Best regards,
    Ralf